Feb 11, 2012

Good Horses

So how many of you have wished that you had a horse that was like your best friend. You know the one I’m talking about. It’s that horse that would love and care about you. That would come when you called them by name. They would lay down in the grass with you and put their head in your lap. They would take you on incredible rides through the woods and over the meadows. It’s that horse that only exists in your dreams......but way down deep inside you know there’s got to be one out there somewhere........right?

The truth of it is there really are horses out there like that. It takes time and training to make them that way but they are for real. And the awesome thing of it is that I get to work with some of these horses every day! 

Here are a few pix of Jerry (my trainer and friend) and myself with some of the horses that we have been working with. 


This is "B" (Her owners have not settled on a name yet) a very beautiful horse that is worth more than most of the cars and trucks we all drive. She's three years old and full of life.


This awesome hunk of a horse is Ben. I like to think of him as "Big Ben". He stands at 17.2 and is around 2200 pounds.

 


Now since I have a really big horse in here I have to put a little one in too. This little ponies name is Rose and she is anything but big. When I get the chance I'm going to get a picture of Ben and Rose standing together.




Now the horse that I really want to tell you a little about is my buddy Zeke. He is a rescue horse that I have been working with for about three weeks now. He's 15 years old and very under nourished. He's not a tall guy but he is a lot of fun to work with. He and I have become good friends and are both teaching each other a lot. 

This is what he looked like when we first got him…



Not only his body fat but also muscle tone are both greatly reduced from what they should be. I’ll be posting updated photos of his progress as he recovers.
 


Have a Tremendous week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment