Jan 28, 2012

A little update

Wow, 2012 is off to a good start here with January just about over.  Hang in there friends there’s only 11 more months and the year will be over.  It feels like Christmas was just last week and here I’m planning out February and March already.  So don’t stand around wasting your life wondering where the time has gone.  Start making something with the time you still have.

“I may not have gone where I intended to go,
but I believe I have ended up where I needed to be.”
- Douglas Adams

Many of you have been asking a lot of the same questions in the last few weeks and months.  So to make it a little easier for you I have put together the following list of the most asked questions.

Where in the world am I these days?  I am back in WA State enjoying spending time with my family.

What am I doing now?  I’m going through an apprentice/training in natural horsemanship to become a horse trainer.  Natural horsemanship simply put is learning to have effective communication with a horse.  It’s the same principles that apply to relationships with people.  Just like a husband to wife, parent to child, with friends, coworkers, and so on.  The only difference here is it’s a person and a horse not two people that are communicating.  There’s a lot more I could say but I’ll save it for another post.

Am I still working with horses very much?  Yes, I get to be around, work with, and ride horses about 4 to 6 days a week.  I plan to post a few pix of some of the horses I get to work with.  I may put a video together of the horses, what I’m learning to do, and what I’m training them to do.  When it’s all done I’ll post it on here.

Will I be going back to WY this summer?  Not sure at this point….no plans made one way or the other.  I’ll let you all know once I figure that out though.

How is the photography biz going?  Things are going well for the most part.  I’m pursuing further education right now to help improve my photo skills.  Whenever I have time I’ve been doing random photo-shoots of objects rather than people.  It’s been fun but I still enjoy a portrait shoot the most.

Since my wreck have I found a new vehicle?  Not yet, I’m still shopping around for something that fits my needs and my budget.  Looking at trucks mostly.

Have I gotten my own horse yet?  With the price of gas I was thinking of getting a horse instead of a vehicle.  But after considering how many miles I can cover in a day with a car over a horse I decided to hold off on getting a horse for now.

If I were to get a horse soon, what would it be?  Have I picked one out yet? Yes I have picked one out.  She is a mix of a few different things.  I couldn’t really give you a list of the breeds that are in her but she is very beautiful.
If there are any questions I missed please feel free to ask….


“Don’t ask what the world needs.  Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
~Howard Thurman



 

No comments:

Post a Comment